Let’s check all features/services OCI has updated in week 15 (18-Apr-22 – 24-Apr-22).
Autonomous Database user account management is integrated with OCI IAM. It helps in improved security and minimizes the work of database administrators to manage users. For more information, click here.
Oracle Cloud VMware Solution
Now, you can use AMD E4-based Dense shapes in Oracle Cloud VMware Solution. You can create ESXi hosts that use the BM.DenselO.E4.128 with 32, 64, or 128 cores. For more information click here.
Below enhancements are introduced in the Vulnerability Scanning console:
- The Scanning Reports pages show only the most recent reports for each target resource. To view older reports, you can choose a specific date.
- The Vulnerability Reports page includes a summary of each detected vulnerability.
OCI has introduced a major update to VM Guest Exadata OS Image. For more information, click here.
You can deploy Java 17 and Python 3.9 written code in Oracle Functions. New Function Development Kits (FDKs) are available for these language versions. For more information, click here.
Stack Monitoring lets you proactively monitor an application and its underlying application stack, including application servers and databases.
You can enable Stack Monitoring on the applications running on OCI external databases. For more details, click here.
The following services and features are now available in the US Government Cloud with DISA Impact Level 5 Authorization:
- Autonomous Database (on shared or dedicated Exadata infrastructure)
- Data Catalog
- Oracle Integration Cloud
- Service Connector Hub
- VCN Flow Logs
For more information about these services and features, check the below links:
- For All US Government Cloud Customers
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure US Federal Cloud with DISA Impact Level 5 Authorization
Thanks for reading the OCI newsletter. Please help me with your comments and suggestion, this will help me with further improvements.